Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a Samsung 1Tb. 850 pro external drive which I am

Customer Question
I have a Samsung...

I have a Samsung 1Tb. 850 pro external drive which I am trying to run on a MacBook Pro with High Sierra OSX 10.13.2. It installed but runs slow on USB 3.0. What do I need to do ?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Pro? What have you tried so far?

Just installed it today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Do I need suitable firmware for Mac ? and I notice that Samsung Magician is only available for windows. is there a Mac version to take care of trim etc.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/21/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

I have used the 850 series in external enclosures without any issue. In fact I have one plugged in right now. What enclosure are you using.

What else do you need ???? no I don't think I like one way streets. Bye

I have used the 850 series in external enclosures without any issue. In fact I have one plugged in right now. What enclosure are you using?

As I noted on another email response I did not authorise anything further from you. As I was responding to an offer of a "free trial" and I don't see much likelihood of you producing anything of value, Kindly refund the payment you extracted of AU$55. I would feel it would probably a waste of time to proceed further. If you offer a "free trial, that is precisely what it should be. Consequently I will lodge a complaint with PayPal over this unauthorised payment for absolutely NOTHING.William de Bruyn