Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iMac not open my password I forget. It say master

Customer Question
My iMac not open...

My iMac not open my password ***** forget

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

No

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

It say master password

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Ok

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/21/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 6 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

you will have to reset the password
To do this
Power off the Mac
Right after you hear the chime, press and hold the Command and the R keys for a few seconds, then release. Soon, you'll see the Apple logo and spinning gear (or progress bar).
This will force the Mac to boot into OS X on the Recovery Partition that was created when you installed

When booting is complete, you'll see a window of "OS X Utilities." You won't do anything there. Instead, you'll go to the Menu bar at the top and select Utilities > Terminal.
In the terminal window type the following and hit Return.
resetpassword
A new window will open, like this:
http://www.macobserver.com/imgs/tmo_articles/20140617resetpassword1a.jpg
Click on the the main volume, then select the desired user account name in the popup. Then enter the new password (twice). A password ***** is optional. Click "Save."

Go back to the Apple Menu at the top. Select OS X Utilities > Quit OS X Utilities. That will prompt you to restart the Mac.
When the Mac restarts normally, you'll be able to log in to the administrator account with the new password ***** defined above. From there you can manage the rest of of the users if necessary with System Preferences > Users & Groups.
Let me know the results please