Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Have iPhone 5. Battery shows only a little bit of red. I…

Customer Question
Have iPhone 5....

Have iPhone 5. Battery shows only a little bit of red. I cannot get the apple logo to appear and the phone will not charge from the wall or if I plug into computer. Any suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Fpm do not know Can't turn on phone

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

It's up to date when checked two days ago

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/21/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 6 months ago
Michael T

Hi My name is ***** ***** will try to help you with your questions.

Have you tried changing out the charging cable?

Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 6 months ago

If you have tried that or do not have another cable handy, I would like you to look inside the charging port on your phone

Take a toothpick and try to clean out CAREFULLY inside the lightening connector on your phone.

Once you have cleaned it out, try and charge the phone again. This is a very common problem which prevents charging.

It only takes a piece of lint to stop charging from happening.

If the above doesn't work and the phone still will not charge you will have to get the charging port switched out at the apple store ehich they WILL do for you and its isn't very expensive. I only charge $40 at my shop in Houston so its not a big deal.... Of course they will test it first but that is the issue if the above fails... You WILL need a new port

Thanks Mike

This has nothing to do with my question to LYFT !!
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 6 months ago

Hiya, I apologize for the delay.. Our site was down for a long time today and has only just come back up.

Was you able to follow my cleaning instructions above?

None of that worked. You charged me so much for a non workable answer and took a month to. Reply. I believe I deserve a tefund since you did not solve the problem. Went to Apple Store and they could not fix. All it needed was new battery and charge it. Thanks for nothing but the money you charged me !!