Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My son has put in his own apple ID and cant remember the…

Customer Question
My son has put...

My son has put in his own apple ID and cant remember the password. The iPod has locked us out and it comes up with 'activation lock'.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

It comes up that it was set up with that Apple ID but we used a different one to set it up.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Is there a way to get onto the ipod and change the apple ID without going through the activation process?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
12/21/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 8 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

If you have forgotten your Apple ID you used, you can retrieve i via the link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

Once done, you will likely need to reset your password ***** this you can do via my link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Use the link to reset your password ***** once done use this new password

Once done, you can use these details to sign in on your device

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.

Thank you

i,m sorry i still cannot get access,either my son or one of his friends have put an icloud email apple ID in the ipod, but nobody seems to remember doing it .
I do not know the email address or the password ***** to this ipod.

ok, did you use the first link I gave to recovery the email address?

but it did not allow me access. l

Ok, now you know the email address correct?

No

ok, you still then are not using the initial link I gave you...

Can I connect and do this for you please

I tried again and it said no apple id found.

Ok, then the only option you have is to take the deivce into an apple store with photo ID and have it done in person.

This is a security lock on the phone and without the ability to know the email address you used, this is the only option you now have sorry.

OK, SO YOU REALLY COULD NOT HELP ME AT ALL SO I HAVE WASTED MY MONEY AND TIME!. YOU COULD HAVE TOLD ME THAT IN THE FIRST INSTANCE.

Hi there

I could not have told you that in the first instance... as we needed to do the instructions in order to confirm this...

Else it would have just been a guess and it is not something I do when supporting customers.

I told you from the beginning that i did not know the password ***** the email address. So knowing this mean't that this exercise would be a waste of time.

That is why I gave you the first link, which after a few attempts I was able to get you to do.

It is designed to locate the email address if you have forgotten it.

I tried the first link when you initially sent the link, but as i have said to you it did not allow me access.

Hi there

Sorry I do not know what more you want me to day. You have indicated how you feel about me and my service, there is no need to keep repeating this and I think it is best to remain amicable and courteous.

You know what you have to do to resolve this, may I kindly ask please that as you have made your thoughts about me clear, you refrain from posting to me about this further. It is not nice nor needed.

Thank you and all the best in 2018