Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

The arrow on the Imac (desk top) spins if I put it on an…

Customer Question
The arrow on the...

The arrow on the Imac (desk top) spins if I put it on an Icon.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iMac?

Hard to tell but I hink it is ox10.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iMac? What have you tried so far?

About 6 months getting worse now it is useless

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
12/21/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 8 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.

Thank you