Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Amazon fire kindle won't turn on. Charged overnight. perhaps…

Customer Question
amazon fire kindle won't turn...
amazon fire kindle won't turn on. Charged overnight. perhaps wrong charger. is now plugged into Mac book air. how long ro re charge up and running.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
12/21/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

It sounds like you are unable to turn on the Amazon fire. In this case please follow the steps, do a reset by holding down the power button for 20 seconds. Then turn the device back on by hitting the power button again. If this doesn't work the first time, try holding the button down for 30 seconds or more. If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

Did not work
plugged into USB port on Mac air
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago

If resetting doesn’t work, there might be some problem with the battery. Try plugging the Kindle Fire into the charger and wait about 15 minutes before trying to turn it on again. If the device refuses to start up, try resetting it again. If it still won’t turn on, it’s possible that you have a dead charging cable. Alas, the cables that come with the Kindle Fire are not known for their longevity. Try charging the tablet with another cord that has a Micro USB connection and see if the device responds. There’s no guarantee that the charging cord from your smartphone will work with the Kindle Fire, but it’s worth a try.