Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Trying to create an apple ID for iCloud by using an existing…

Customer Question
Trying to create an...

Trying to create an apple ID for iCloud by using an existing email address with a new password. Process gets stopped with note This Apple ID is already used if your account, reset a forgotten password ***** going to iforgot.apple.com. Obviously, i have no idea which way togo?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I really don't remember

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I started this to create a way to use iCloud which I also know nothing about but was trying to learn more about before committing to using it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
12/20/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

It seems to me that, there is already an existing Apple account associated with this email address. You can reset the password ***** your Apple account.

Please follow this steps and it will help you in resetting the password

1. You should be able to reset your password ***** the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/

2. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

3. Select Email authentication followed by Next.

4. Check your email and there should be a message from Apple with instructions on how to reset your password.

5. If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.

6. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Answer security questions and click Continue.

-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Continue.

- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.

7. If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your AppleID again.

* IF YOU FORGOT THE APPLE ID ITSELF: If you go to the above mentioned site you will see an option in the lower, middle of the page labeled “Forgot your Apple ID?”. If you click this, it will ask for some rather simple information that you should know as the owner of the account ( first name, last name, current email address plus the ability to enter additional email addresses if it has changed since you created the Apple ID).

8. Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/ (under "Manage Your Apple account")

9. Once you have the ID and password, restart your iPhone and sign in.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you