Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just performed an software update on my iphone 5 and when…

Customer Question
I just performed an...

I just performed an software update on my iphone 5 and when it was complete, the screen went blank and thing it says is Enter Passcode with no place to see any letters to type with. If I hit the bottom of my screen arbitrarily, letters come up but I cant see them. Then it says press home to recover. But, then it asks for password ***** Thanks.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I changed it about 3 weeks ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No, I don't know how to do that.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/20/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Vinod Menon, Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Hi
Sorry to hear about your issue:(
Let’s try a reset first.
Press and hold the power button and home button together until you see an Apple logo.
Let’s see If you are able to enter the passcode now.
Thank you
Vinod