Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I changed the password and now can't remember it. I've tried…

Customer Question
I changed the password...

I changed the password ***** now can't remember it. I've tried some that I use for other applications. No luck. What can I do?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Until today it had been a long time.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. Tell me more please.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I just would appreciate some coaching on the online account reset tool...how to access, etc.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
12/20/2017
Mac Support Specialist: David, Mac Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
David, Mac Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will post a reply ASAP.

If you forget your Apple ID you can reset it with a rescue email or security questions.

Please click this link to begin:

http://iforgot.apple.com

Enter the Apple ID and the security code that you see and click continue.

Then you can choose to answer security questions or to receive a rescue email.

Whichever you prefer you can try first.

Let me know if there are any questions and I will get back to you.

Many thanks!

David, Mac Support Specialist