Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My main (newer) mac is not working. I'm trying to connect my…

Customer Question
Hi there. My...

Hi there. My main (newer) mac is not working. I'm trying to connect my HP Envy 100 to either my MacBook or my older mac desktop. No luck. Any easy suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?

I knew you'd ask me something really tricky. So, my tech guy (who could answer all of this if he was here) said my old mac desktop should not be upgraded (he explained why but I can't remember). It's on OS X Version 10.8.5

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

My MacBook is MacOS Sierra I've tried hooking the printer cable to the old computer and trying to turn off the wireless connection. I've tried to make sure everything is on the same wifi network.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Guess not. Thanks.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
12/21/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 8 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Are you trying to connect to it via a USB cable or wireless?

Please let me know