Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an email with att.net and cannot get into this. It is…

Customer Question
I have an email...

I have an email with att.net and cannot get into this . It is connected to my apple id and won't work anymore

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Have tried for a few days. It seems it was connected with yahoo and now they have unmerged

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Don't know how without using my old email of ***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Would love to be able to access my old email

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
12/20/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 5 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your email. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

What email are you trying to get back? the original att one or the apple id that is attached to that one?

How do you usually access your email? Email client such as windows live, (built in email app

on the computer itself that looks like an envelope) Thunderbird? Using a regular browser such

as Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome etc?

Windows 10.***@******.***. It should be attached to apple ID. Chrome

Thank you.

But, are you trying to recover the att.net address or can you log in?

Or are you trying to recover the apple password ***** that .net email?

They are separate.

I can't log in to that email
Or apple ID either

Please be specific.

Which one. the att at or are you trying to use the att for apple id.

They are very different even though they use the same address.

Ok, thank you.

You have to go to att.net email login in a web browser.

Put your email in there and hit forgot password. It will prompt you to change the password

depending on what back up you put in place.

If you cannot get into it, dont worry, i can help you with another way.

You will need to recover that email first, before we attempt your apple one.

I will wait for your reply about getting the att.net email server changed and we will go from there.

With***@******.***, I can't send or receive ail or log into any sites

Yes, it must be done in a web browser as i described. This must happen first before we change any email clients

or attempt the apple id change password.

what do I do?

I tried that and it doesn't work

Then you did not put in proper back up. That is ok.

You can go to att.com and find the 'chat' feature. You will be able to get a representative to verify

who you are and they will be able to help us reset the initial email for people who cannot change the password *****

You can use the chat on this link. I am very familiar with what to say/do with the agent and know the procedure.

https://www.att.com/contactus/index/internet.html?tab=1

If you need assistance with this, let me know. I must send a rating request when i send full or partial answers.

What i sent will get you in your att.net account, but we still need to fix your apple id if possible after.

Please keep that in mind and do not rate yet until we get to a final resolution.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin

I went to the link you sent to chat with att but it says I must have an account number and I don't have an account with them. I still cannot get into. ***@******.***

Its ok. hit###-##-####on that. I can help you in remote if you prefer.

If it asks for a pin, hit 'i dont know'.

Did't work

I know what to say to them. I cannot help you much more written to do this.

I can opt out and let another expert help recover it with you written.

You will get back into that att.net account if it exists through that chat.

Please advise.

Just cancel and refund my money, please

Ok.

I will put it in for your right away.

Do not rate the solution or accept. The refund will be from customer service back on your card.

Have a great day.

Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin