Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My ipad 2 is rebooting every 3 minutes this has started

Customer Question
My ipad 2 is...

My ipad 2 is rebooting every 3 minutes this has started after I took it to apple store to be enabled after I forgot my password

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Yesterday, the password ***** entered is what I thought was the original

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I can access my account now the problem is my ipad is rebooting every 3 minutes approx

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/20/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

The iPad 2 having the last release date of May 27, 2011 is at best a 6 year old device. I would imagine its battery is going, but that is just a guess without having it in my hands. Maybe Apple employees will do whatever they can to get you up and running without feeling like you need to buy a new device, but as a former Apple Employee I know better. That iPad to is really old in the life span of a tablet. It is time to upgrade.