Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My phone has photos that are not uploading to the cloud for…

Customer Question
My phone has photos...

My phone has photos that are not uploading to the cloud for access by my i-pad and Mac computer. What setting can I change to get them to my Mac, especially.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Unknown.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No idea how to do that.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Almost lost you there. To answer your question, I don't think so, but I just need a total backup of my phone cause my daughter is giving me a newer version for xmas (her old one) as she updated recently.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/20/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer replied 6 months ago
Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

iCloud Photo Library is the easiest way to keep your entire library safe—even if your device goes missing. If you prefer to sync your photos manually, you can use iTunes to transfer photos and videos from your computer to your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

With iCloud Photo Library, you can access your photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple TV, on iCloud.com, and even your Windows PC. When you're connected to the Internet, Wi-Fi, or a cellular network, your newest shots upload automatically and your edits update in real time. So you always see the latest version on your devices and online.

Before you begin

• Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the latest version of iOS, your Mac to the latest macOS
  • Make sure that you’re signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID on all of your devices.
  • Set up iCloud on all of your devices.
  • Make sure that your device is connected to Wi-Fi.

Turn on iCloud Photo Library

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos, then turn on iCloud Photo Library. In iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Photos.
  • On your Mac, go to System Preferences > iCloud > Options next to Photos, then select iCloud Photo Library.

You can also click on below link to checkout complete article about it :-

https://9to5mac.com/2015/04/05/how-to-upload-your-photos-into-icloud-photo-library-from-your-ios-device-and-icloud-com/

Let me know how it goes !

call me!!! So far I have been charged $40.00 for an advertised $5.00 service. Can you fix this?
I do not have access to any billing related information.you can contact customer service team to know about the charges
I have done all it says in the info before I called you, so you have been of no help. No, I will not securely concert! Thanks, anyway. I need person to look at my stuff & fix it. I will go to my Apple Store.
Ok