Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

IPhone IOS 11.2.1 My iPhone keeps getting slow and crashed…

iPhone IOS 11.2.1My iPhone keeps getting...
iPhone IOS
11.2.1My iPhone keeps getting slow and crashed time to time.It seems that it has a virus on it !!!
Some times it gets a bit hot.How can I reinstall the IOS on it ?
12/20/2017
Ricky Kresslein
Ricky Kresslein, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Which iPhone do you have?

6 plus

Thank you. You can reset the phone to factory settings which should fix this issue. This will erase all data on your device. Would you like to continue?

I don’t want to loose my date

If you don't want to lose your data you can back up the phone first. The only issue with that is that when you restore from backup it will restore everything and the problem will most likely still exist.

Can I back up my what’s app data on a usb memory card ?
From the what’s app installed on my computer ?

If you have a Google or Gmail account you can back up your WhatsApp data to Google Drive. Would you like me to walk you through doing this?

please
How can I back it up in google drive ?
  1. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone
  2. Go to Menu Button > Settings > Chats > Chat backup.
  3. Tap Back up to Google Drive and set up the backup frequency to your liking.
  4. You will be prompted to select a Google account that you will back up your chat history to.
  5. Tap Back up over to choose the network you wish to use for backup
It does not give me the option of back up to google drive

Do you already have your Google Account set up on your iPhone?

I'm very sorry I just learned that backing up WhatsApp to Google Drive only works on Android. One moment while I find an iPhone alternative.

Thank you

Okay, first turn on iCloud Drive for WhatsApp:

Step #1. Open the Settings app from your iPhone Home Screen → Tap on iCloud.

Step #2. Tap on iCloud Drive.

Step #3. If the iCloud Drive is turned off, then turn it ON.

Step #4. Now just look at the list of apps below iCloud Drive and ensure that WhatsApp is toggled ON.

Once you've done that:

Step #1. Open WhatsApp and tap on the Settings tab at the bottom.

Step #2. While in Chat Settings, tap on Chat Backup and then select the Back Up Now button to instantly backup your chat messages and photos.

That backs it up on iCloud
I’d like to save them on a usb

I'm sorry, there is no way to save it to USB and then get it back on to your phone. But if you do already have WhatsApp on your computer, which I believe you said you do, resetting your iPhone will not remove the data from your computer.

Are you still with me?

but my what’s app on the computer hasn’t got all the data
How can I save it from my computer ?
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. I see the previous expert has opened the question up to the rest of the experts. Are you still in need of assistance?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello Justin
How can I download my WhatsApp messages in to a usb memory card ?

This is the only guide I can come up with.

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius