Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Ihavebeen talking with apple and they. Hadme

Customer Question
Hi,ihavebeen talking with apple...

Hi,ihavebeen talking with apple and they

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Hadme backupandrestoremyphoneand then I wassuppose to restore back upp and I wrote down my back up id and now it wont let me restore back up says my id is wrong so I can not even change it

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

Yesterday I backed it up today I restored it and now trying to restore the back up to get all my info back

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I need to know how to change pass word for ecncryted back up

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
12/20/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 8 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

You cannot change your password ***** an encrypted back up. If you don't have the original "key" to the information you cannot access it. Just like you cannot get into a house with the wrong key. Does that make sense?