Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an IPad that was dropped.It just randomly types

Customer Question
I have an IPad...

I have an IPad that was dropped.It just randomly types stuff.I want to transfer my info to a new IPAD that my dad has but I don't know how.Can you help??

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

How do I find out?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

Yesterday.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I tried backing it up. Unable to do it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/20/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Cris, Mac Specialist replied 6 months ago
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

You can transfer the entire iPad to another one using iTunes. First plug in the iPad with issue to any PC or Mac with iTunes.

In iTunes click on the Summary page of the iPad and you will see an option to "Backup". This will do an entire backup of the the iPad and save it on the PC.

When it completes disconnect and plug in the new iPad. Click on Restore and it will wipe the iPad and restore the backup you created onto the iPad.

Let me know if you need remote assistance in completing or if you have any further questions. Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top.

How did you make out with the provided solution? Did you have any questions?