Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Downloaded an upgrade on MAC BOOK PRO, went to screen with a…

Customer Question
Downloaded an upgrade on...

Downloaded an upgrade on MAC BOOK PRO, went to white screen with a circle & hash in center. Will not restart, Tried many times with different methods, closest to working was "command & R" key.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook Pro?

The latest 10.13 I think. Also my pro is about 6 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Pro? What have you tried so far?

Tried 4 different methods of holding keys to start up. I do get a staaus bar on each restart try but just about the very end, it quits and goes to that white screen and does nothing else.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/20/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.