Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My Macbook needs to be restored. Remote Assistance can’t be…

Customer Question
My Macbook needs to be...
My Macbook needs to be restored.
Remote Assistance can’t be used cuz my Mac’s disk is not even alive. (Actually it’s a 1TB flash ”disk”.)
I decided to make a restore from my Time Machine cuz the Mac was crashing constantly, especially when I worked with Premier Pro. However, I was not careful with the OS C Utilities app... I made a mistake and accidentally erased the flash disk.
As a consequence, now I can do nothing... I can’t reinstall OS X and/or restore from Time Machine cuz when trying to use those I eventually reach the point where the utility app asks me to ”select disk” which (cuz of the accidental erase) is now nonexistant.
So, in the first place, I need assistance in ”bringing the disk visible”. Mounting etc are actions that I’m not familiar with.
Oh! I forgot to mention that I did try to restore from Time Machine yesterday, initiated it, waited 12 hours for it to finish... and when it was finished... being shocked to see that my Mac screen showed a circle with a slash symbol instead of the Apple logo. So the 12 hours restore ended in a nogo as the restore/restart could not find a valid System Folder to start ul from.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/20/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

You were waiting for Ashik, do you still want to wait?

No
I have posted my question twice, paying first 58€ and then 50€. So how could I have you or anybody to give some response. Apple support pages are too general.

It sounds like your backup is corrupt. That is from my experience. You may have to manually migrate after another restore.

I’d be satisfied with help for the following:
- initiate the Mac flash disk
- I reinstall High Sierra
- I restore hand chosen data from Air Station / Time MachineOK?
I understand that by paying 128$ (108€) I could have a call?

If you need a phone call I will opt out.

This texting is SOOOOO slow!!!