Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I bought an iPhone 8 from someone and they told me it was…

Customer Question
I bought an iPhone...

I bought an iPhone 8 from someone and they told me it was unlocked. I put in my sim card to see if it wasn't locked and they drove off. Blocked me from facebook. It's telling me to enter my iCloud and password ***** it's on find my iPhone mode.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

What do you mean. I have my Icloud stuff. I just bought this phone a d

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

And it's saying to enter icloud info but of the person who owned this phone

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No ma'am. I just need this phone unlocked

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/20/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

When did you buy this phone?

Today. 30 min ago

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but with this iPhone being on Find My iPhone and asking for the password ***** sounds like it is stolen. Unfortunately, once it is on Find My iPhone mode, there is no way to unlock it except with the original password. Even if you completely reset it it will still ask for the password.

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of this page. Thank you, ***** ***** a great day!