Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I forgot my password. When I signed up a few years ago.

Customer Question
I forgot my password ...

I forgot my password

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

When I signed up a few years ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Where is that?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
12/20/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Aparna Indresh, Mac Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

May I know if this is your Apple ID password ***** your Mac computer login password?

Apple ID password

Okay, Please follow these steps and it will help you in resetting the password

1. You should be able to reset your password ***** the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/

2. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

3. Select Email authentication followed by Next.

4. Check your email and there should be a message from Apple with instructions on how to reset your password.

5. If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.

6. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Answer security questions and click Continue.

-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Continue.

- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.

7. If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your Apple ID again.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh, Mac Enthusiast