Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Got the following message when I started my computer this…

Customer Question
Got the following message...

Got the following message when I started my computer this morning: "Your Apple ID and phone number are now being used for iMessage and FaceTime on a new iPhone"

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Months ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

First... I wanted to check to see if this a valid message from apple or part of a scam to get me to go through the password ***** process ( and possibly be tracked somehow).

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
12/19/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast

Hi, I am John, welcome to JA.

Please contact iPhone support immediately at 1-***-***-**** in order to verify that message and make sure your account is safe.

Please remember I don't work for the manufacturer, so please do not leave me a negative feedback if you are not happy with them.

A good feedback is appreciated, that's the only way for me to get paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again.

Also, please click REPLY if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you,

JOHN