Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My I tunes account just got hacked for $215.43, Computer is…

Customer Question
My I tunes account...

My I tunes account just got hacked for $215.43

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Computer is Mac Book Air plus I have an I phone 5s

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Air? What have you tried so far?

I just got an email that I had purchased 3 iTunes gift cards for $215.43 ---- not true. I don't know what to do I wan t to cancel it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I would like to cancel my iTunes subscription.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
12/19/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

There has been a scam email going around lately that claims you a large amount of money on Itunes. This email is just attempting to steal your personal information so do not click on any links in it. Check your bank/credit card accounts for the money to see if the $215.43 is actually missing. If it is not then you can simply delete this email. If you are missing the money let me know and I wil advise how to proceed.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Chris - my iTunes account got hacked for $215.43 I would like that taken off my bill and also to . I did click on the email following it with my apple ID and password ***** HELP!!!!

Is the money actually missing from your bank accounts?

Please understand that the scam email is lying about the money and they just use that to scare you into giving over your account details. If no money is missing then follow the instructions on this page to change your password: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201355

If the money is missing from your bank or credit cards go through each of these steps on this page which will walk you through what you need to do:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201382

Let me know how it goes.

Chris L., Support Specialist