Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I am trying to reset my password. I've used the "use iphone…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to reset my password. I've used the "use iphone trusted number" and can't reset it. I need to sync phone contacts with lap top

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Several failed attempts the last 2 days. Prior to that, not sure

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Dont think so

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
12/19/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 2 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

When were you last able to sign into your account?

Please let me know

No sure. I don't use the account very often. When I last tried to sign in to sync phone and laptop contacts, it wouldn't accept my password (I keep them all written down in my home office) Now I'm stuck . . . .

Thanks

If you try to sign into your account on my link below

www.icloud.com

What exactly happens?

Please let me know

Time out! Am I already paying $35 for your help to reset a password ***** am now expected to pay an additional $39 for that assistance?

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last question I sent you please

I type in my Id, then tried my old password (failed), type in what I thought was my changed password (failed) and know I have 1 more opportunity before it kicks me out
I did not change anything re: my ID

What is the ID you use?

My email:***@******.*** for apple
***@******.*** for icloud

iCloud and Apple are the same thing...

Please tell me which account you have the issue with

I was told I need to sign in to apple (Itunes) to sync phone and laptop contacts. At this juncture, no password ***** for that account works.Im going to go back to try the icloud password ***** It's possible neither is no longer correct.Ill be back in a minute

I need to know which of the two email addresses you are using for your account.

I can sign in to my apple account on icloud with current password.
It's my itunes account thats a problem
when I sign in to my apple account on icloud, I use my***@******.*** and have a password ***** works.

So***@******.*** works but***@******.*** does not?

I need to know which account has the issue please

Maybe I'm confused. Let me rephraseWhen I use the link you sent me earlier (www.icloud.com) it asks me for my apple id (*****@******.***) and my password (which was successful when I typed it in) and took me to a page that allows me to choose from a number of icons (including "Contacts" which I will use later to sync iphone and laptop) More to follow . . . . .
What I now seem to have trouble with is my itunes account. Maybe that's been my problem all along

If you go to

www.icloud.com

can you sign in with iCloud account?

It feels like I need to do some "clean up" on my end. Is there any way to continue this conversation (if need be) later if there's still a problem?

Yes this is no problem, I will mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

The problem: I can’t reset my password ***** my Apple iTunes. Needed to sync phone and laptop

yes I need to know which email address you have the issue with please

Do you have the phone number ending in 95? If so what is the phone number?

Ok, if you use this link

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Then choose you do NOT have access to the trusted phone number you can use your credit card to reset the password.

Let me know how you go please

Richard, Apple Software Engineer