Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPhone died today and has been charging for at least 12…

Customer Question
My iPhone died today...

My iPhone died today and has been charging for at least 12 hours and it still has not turned on. what should I do?

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot on your iPhone (pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for 10 seconds)?

Yes I've tried that multiple times and it just keeps saying that it's dead but I know for sure it isnt

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes the battery has some problems like it dies super fast it'll be at 100% and 5 minutes later is at 20. and also sometimes it dies randomly at 70% percent

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/19/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer replied 6 months ago
Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

Firstly check if there is any dust at the charging point of your phone. Click on below image :-

http://cdn.osxdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/iphone-wont-charge-check-port-610x665.jpg

Make sure you clean it properly using dry cloth.

Try charging it using any laptop or computer. I think tickle charging is required in your case and once it get sufficient charge then you can turn on your phone.

Let me know how it goes.

Did this solve your problem ?