Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

The iPhone 7 will not activate. Get message SIM not

Customer Question
The iPhone 7 will...

The iPhone 7 will not activate. Get message SIM not supported. The phone is from Sprint and I switching to Verizon installed the Verizon SIM call Verizon 4 times. How can we get the phone activated. What info do u need

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Never

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Mac or IPhone expert?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/19/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer replied 7 months ago
Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

1. Make sure that you have an active plan with your wireless carrier.
  2. Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
  3. Restart your iPhone.
  4. Check for a carrier settings update. Go to Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see a prompt to select OK or Update.
  5. Remove your SIM card from the SIM card tray and then put the SIM card back. Make sure that the SIM tray closes completely and isn’t loose. If you use a SIM tray from a different model iPhone or from another phone manufacturer, it might not fit properly.
  6. Try using another SIM card. If you don't have one, go to your carrier's retail store and ask them to test with another SIM card. You might need to replace your SIM card.

Let me know how it goes !!

Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 7 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!