Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just had a new battery placed in my 5s I want to give it…

Customer Question
I just had a...

I just had a new battery placed in my 5s I want to give it to my granddaughter and I cant get a iTunes sign with a cord picture on screen so I cant restore it to factory settings

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update iTunes?

I am not sure couple of months at least

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/19/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

I cant get off this picture of iTunes logo and a cord looking like it should be attached I have tried several hard starts cant get to any other screens

Have you tried restoring your iPhone 5S?

no I cant afford that the top of my screen says support.apple.com/iPhone/restore maybe ill have to wait to talk to them tomorrow
I cant get to another screen to start to restore

You have to do it on a computer. Do you have a computer you can plug your phone into?

it is plugged into my computer

Do you have iTunes on your computer?

I lost you off my computer. I thought i had iTunes on computer but apparently not.

Ok. You can download it from itunes.com

I’m. Sorry I’m going to have to stop. I have an iTunes account but have to find ID and password. I will continue working on this tomorrow. Thank you for your help

Let me know when you are ready today.

I went to Apple today and turns out my hard drive is bad so the phone Cannot be fixed Thank u for trying so please refund my money. Tks.

Sure thing. Cheers!

Should I phone the number on the payment taken out of my account or will it be done soon automatically