Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just received my new iPhone X and I'm trying to set it up.

Customer Question
I just received my...

I just received my new iPhone X and I'm trying to set it up. My old iPhone's button is broken off and so I can't access the phone. The new iPhone keeps saying it has sent the "Two Factor Authentication" code so many times that it now says "Too Many Codes Sent", but I've never received one. I received the first one in the first phase and that worked. I'm stumped and very frustrated! Please help?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

A while ago. Again, I used it earlier in the first phase of set up and it worked just fine.

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the Mac Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

Yes, please connect me.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/18/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

The button on my old iphone broke off yesterday - I can see incoming texts on the home screen and I can answer calls, but that's it.
Are you there?

I am.

Do you have access to the Apple ID and Password? Has service been transferred over to your new phone?

I am not sure. I believe I have access to my Apple ID & password ***** it texted me a verification code in the first phase and it worked. I just can't get it to work now after many attempts. Service has not been activated on my new phone yet I don't believe - I just tried to call my phone # and now it's ringing several times and then going into vm. I am STUMPED. Thanks for your help with this!!!
I have both phones sitting her with me right now, fyi.

Go ahead and set your new phone up as new without any Apple ID and password. From there we will be able to get texts and calls which will allow you to get the two factor information.

Let me know when you can dial out on your new phone.

Ok - I think it's set up. Let me try to call it from my office phone. THANK YOU!!

If you have any follow-up questions, don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service.

Tried calling outbound on my new phone. It won't let me hang up the call, but I dialed my office # and it says I can "make a collect call or use a credit card?"!!
Would Verizon be a better option to call for help?

I think it would be good if your phone is not activating.