Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

We recieved an email saying our account is locked. Just last…

Customer Question
We recieved an email...

We recieved an email saying our account is locked.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Just last week becuase we recieved another email.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Is that what you suggest we do. The email wanted all our information. Is that what you need to reset password?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Can this be done by phone if I give you my cell number?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/18/2017
Mac Support Specialist: David, Mac Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
David, Mac Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will post a reply ASAP.

Apple would never send you an email asking you for information. The same for banks or financial institutions.

This email is a scam, it is spam. It is sent to huge lists of email addresses trying to get peoples information.

The email is just pretending to be Apple and you should ignore it and delete it.

The good thing is you changed your Apple password, and that you could do that. Don't give any information in reply to that email.

If you have any concerns or questions please let me know I will be happy to help.

We did disregarded last week and then my husbands Iphone was locked. I logged in to Apple web site. Should I reset my password? Do we need to reset passwords to every device on the account or just do mine? We have 2 Ipads and 2 Iphones onthe account.
Can you remotely check both phones?

I can call you now, could you give me your phone number to call you on?

Phoning you now.