Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am locked out. Years ago. The pad won't open for me to do…

Customer Question
I am locked out ...

I am locked out

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Years ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No, the pad won't open for me to do that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I truly need to change all my apple id things

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/18/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you provide me the apple ID? So that we can go ahead and check what are the reset option available.

If what I have written down is still the one it is***@******.*** and the password ***** *****>MaJa.*
The password ***** is incorrect, it is 12.MaJa.*

I tried to check for the reset option, but it is showing *****@******.*** is not an Apple ID. Are you sure is this a right email?

no, my son set it up for me about 12 or 13 years ago and all my notes from then are damaged so I am not sure.

Can I have your first name, last name?

Joan Nolan

I am sorry, I tried to search and I got an error message stating No Apple ID Found apple server can’t find an Apple ID matching the information provided. Could you please tell me whether are you using Apple TV or iPhone or iPad?

currently I am on my Mac pc, but my ipad is the one I can't get into.
This ipad was a refurbished one when i purchased it, will that help you?
one of the error messages i received said it was a phone lock and that i needed to get in touch with the original owner. How in the world am I supposed to know who owned it before me?

In your Mac computer, please follow the instruction for find the Apple ID

1. Select Apple menu > System Preferences, then click iCloud
  2. Open Mail, then select Mail > Preferences, then click Accounts
  3. Open Calendar, then select Calendar > Preferences, then click Accounts
  4. Open FaceTime, then select FaceTime > Preferences, then click Settings
  5. Open Messages, then select Messages > Preferences, then click Accounts
there is no icon for icloud on my mac.

Could you please tell me what whether you can access the iPad setting?

I cannot access anything on it. It is completely locked to me.

Could you please tell me what you see in the iPad screen? is it showing as iPad disabled or Activation lock?

Activation lock

Do you find any email address which is linked with the iPad in the Activation lock?

no

May I know when the iPad was purchased?

I don't remember but i know it was between 6 to 12 years ago, sorry.

I understand, You can either call AppleCare or go to your local Apple Store and present proof of ownership. From there, Apple will confirm that it is indeed your iPhone or iPad and, if satisfied, remove the Activation Lock for you.

In this case I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over. Other experts will be able to see this question and the conversation which you had with me and they will be providing you a proper solution. Thank you for your patience.

Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. I see you have not respond to the previous expert and he has opened the question up to the rest of the experts. Are you still in need of assistance?