Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am locked out of my phone. I downloaded an update and it…

Customer Question
I am locked out...

I am locked out of my phone. I downloaded an update and it requires a passcode. I don't remember my passcode and I can't get into the phone to give you my id number. My names is Virginia Britt. My son Andrew set the phone up. Phone number is(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I don't remember

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. Where is that?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/18/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 7 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

The only way to bypass the lock screen is to perform a factory reset on the iPhone..

From a computer, go to icloud.com/find

If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID

Click All Devices at the top of your browser window.

Select the device you want to erase.

Click Erase [device] to erase your device and its passcode.

Now you can restore from backup

Hello!

I just wanted to take a moment to check back with you to see if you need more assistance. If you are all set, I would appreciate it if you could take a moment to rate my service with 5 stars, at the top of the page. If you need further assistance, just let me know using the reply box provided so we can work together to solve the issue.

Thank you!