Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My apple ID has been disabled because of recent fraud. But I…

Customer Question
Hello, my apple ID...

Hello, my apple ID has been disabled because of recent fraud. But I need my ID to get apps on my phone please help

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

Iphone 8 plus

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

It just keeps saying your apple ID has been disabled. been a few weeks Because someone hacked my sons itunes stuff which is under my ID

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
12/18/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 5 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your password ***** apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

What device was disabled? Iphone? Ipad?

What exact message does the device say right now?

Did you ever make a back up on itunes/icloud on the device?

I just need my apple ID back

What device was disabled? Iphone? Ipad?

Isnt there a way to just have my apple ID back

It will depend. But i need you to answer the questions i send please.

Was there a device that was disabled? Iphone? Ipad?

I need to see what exact message you are getting and 'where' to help you.

I am going to send you directions for just the id, but i want to ensure that your device is not locked and that it doesnt

get locked due to the changes we will make. What i am asking is for your benefit.

Lets say the id is disabled and not the device. If you cannot recover the id/password, that device will lock too as it is attached

to your apple id. If it is locked on any device, it is completely different steps to get back your id and then unlock your device.

I want to ensure we take precautionary steps, which is why i am asking you this.

I understand you are frustrated, but i am only trying to cover all your basis and save all devices too.

my device isnt disabled just my apple ID
my 2 ipads are disabled due to entering wrong passcode too many time

Ok, that is what i needed. We will get to them after we try to recover the id and i can help you, but do not touch

the ipads yet. They require completely different steps.

For your id, i want you to try this first:

Apple has an account recovery system in place, called iForgot, which you can use to regain access to your account. In many cases, but not all of them, you will be asked to reset your Apple ID password ***** gain access to your account once again.

Alternatively, you can also use two-factor authentication to unlock your Apple ID on another trusted device or phone of yours; just keep in mind that if you’re using two-step verification, a recovery key will be required as well as a trusted device.

If you are unsuccessful in recovering your Apple ID too many times in one day, you may need to wait a full day before you can proceed with more attempts to unlock your account. This is another security feature that prevents brute force attacks from hackers from being effective.

If you still have trouble getting your account unlocked, let me know.

Use link below to follow exactly what it says:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204106

Tell me the results and if any errors, tell me exactly what it says and then we will deal with the ipads.

ok trying it now

Let me know the results to continue. I am required to send a rating, but we have more work to do. Please do not rate until we get

a solution and also fix your devices.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin

they are sending instructions to my phone when my account is ready for recovery

Perfect!

Ok, i realize you didnt mention the ipads in the original issue, but if you would like for me to help you with those as well

once you get that message they send, just update and i will do it for you as a courtesy if you would like even after you rate

this solution.

Let me know if you would like to reset them afterwards too.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Thank you. One of them I dont think I can because the home button is jammed. the other one i can, i think i hook up to itunes and take steps from there right?

Yes, but there is a couple of key things here as factors that will change what you do.

I wouldnt attempt this until you get that password ***** It will ask you to sign into itunes.

Unless you made a backup before you forgot your passcode, there isn't a way to save your device's data. You'll need to erase your device, which deletes all of your data and settings.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306

Just replace iphone/with the word ipad. it is the same.

Now, if your ipad doesnt have a popup key or you can try to 'clean around it' if it does, this may help the disabled one too.

The reason i tell you to not attempt the ipad is it is going to ask you to sign into your itunes. If you have that attached to your

apple id/password, this will only delete the info on those ipads and still ask you to log in with the old information.

true so I need to get my Apple ID back before I do anything

I strongly advise this. Yes.

Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin