Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

It locked and had to be restoerd and I don't remember the…

Customer Question
It locked and had...

It locked and had to be restoerd and I don't remember the icloud password :(

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I have changed it

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I have not changed it yet

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/18/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your password. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

What device was restored? Iphone? Ipad?

What exact message does the device say right now?

Did you ever make a back up on itunes/icloud on the device?

iphone
activation help screen
no if I did I don't remember

Ok, even when you restored that device, is it still asking for the old apple id and password?

Did you restore it to factory setting?