Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an iPhone 6s and for the last two days, I can have it…

Customer Question
I have an iPhone...

I have an iPhone 6s and for the last two days, I can have it sitting right next to the router and it has no service. I run strictly on internet because I'm in Afghanistan. Can you please help me restore my lifeline.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Ver 11.1.2

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

It's only been a couple of days. I read some information that I needed to reset it so I did. No different.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all. I just need my phone back. I'm a long way from home.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/18/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 7 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you please on the phone go to settings, general, reset, reset network settings.

Once done, tell me how it then functions please

Thank you

I will do this again. I told the first lady that I had already reset it. Hang on.
NEGATIVE.......I am in Afghanistan. I don't want to be charged for every piece of information and advice. Now if you will hang on, I am going to settings to reset. Please not more charges.

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last instructions I sent you please

Right now it is just kind of flashing off and on. It comes back to no service, and I get the same two unopened text messages that I received 6 days ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** you do the instructions I provided?

I have now enabled the wi fi onto the apple encrypted network. There is no service.

Ok, now are you trying to get a service via wifi or a cell network?

I am in Afghanistan.....it has to be by wi fi. I own the router and it is an Apple as well.
I believe they call the router an airport express. That is what I'm using right now for my computer.
Richard......are you still there

ok, now on the iPhone, go to settings, wifi, do you see your wifi network?

- Yes I am here, please allow a minute for me to respond

I am there now. My wi fi is on and my network is checked and has full signal

ok, so it shows now as connected to wifi?

on the screen the green bar is on the network is checked.......NO SERVICE is in the Upper right hand corner
Sorry.....make that left hand corner

yes thats referring to the Cell Service, it has no service as it is not connected to the cell network.

But it is connected to wifi.

That is expected

It always has wi fi in the upper left hand corner, and when there is a cell provider, that is there too. It is not connected to the internet, and my vpn is not connected.
I can call you on a landline and it would make this much easier.

Yes, if it says no service it is referring to no connection to the cell network.

Do you actually have a valid cell network there?

This is different to the wifi network.

No, but most normally, I run on VZW and I have internet calling on VZW. VZW-WiFi is always up in the left hand corner along with the VPN and a bar count.

How do you receive VZW-WiFi in Afghanistan?

Via which device is giving you this?

I've been here two years, and I always have. I can't explain it beyond that. I have an iPhone 6s. I was told by Verizon before I got here that would be the case. Until a couple of days ago......it was.
This will be much easier for me if you will give me a phone number so that I can land line you.

Calls are additional costs which you do not wish to have.

I need to know the make and model of your wifi router please.

Can you tell me this?

Apple Airport Express

Ok remove the power to it, wait 5 minutes, connect the power and tell me how it then functions please

I have already updated it and downloaded the latest firmware. Like I said earlier, that is the router I'm working from right now on my MacBook. If I remove the power. I will lose this session. I have already done all of this before I got on this line. Some knucklehead on a blog suggested I put my phone in the refrigerator. I did that too.

No problem, I will opt out for another expert that can assist you further

Thank you and all the best.

please refund my $5 to my card. Thanks for trying. I should probably have called apple, but their business hours make it almost impossible. I am 10.5 hours ahead. Please refund my money. Thanks