Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a iPhone 7. The apple light is on. How do I get it…

Customer Question
Hi. I have a...

Hi. I have a iPhone 7. The apple light is on. How do I get it off. I pushed t

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Verizon

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

25min. Hold signed button like u do to turn off

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I just need my phone on. I have. A driving service at airport to pick up client

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/18/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 7 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Is the phone still turning on?

Please let me know

No phone is charging now. But the apple sign was on the
Whole time

Thanks

Hold the volume Down and power buttons for about 10 seconds until you see the apple logo then release.

Let the phone restart and tell me how it then operates please

Nothing happened

Did you see the Apple Logo show?

ok, now press the power button, does it now come on?

Only thing is showing still is the. Apple sign

Thanks

Do you have a windows or mac computer available there?

Tablet from Verizon I'm on now with u

ok, but we need a computer for the next step, do you have one available there? Either a mac or a windows computer?

No

ok, I understand it is frustrating but what you need to do is connect it to a computer, any computer will do.

Then you will need to install iTunes on it.

Once installed, you open it and connect the phone to the computer and then on the phone hold the home and power buttons until you see a message

iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode...

If you see this message click restore and allow it to restore.

If it fails to do this it means the internal memory in the phone has faulted and the phone would need to be replaced sorry.

What about this secure remote asst. It says it can fix it. $39

I would decline it as you need a computer to be able to do that