Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My boyfriend just updated his os on his iPhone and now it…

Customer Question
My boyfriend just updated...

My boyfriend just updated his os on his iPhone and now it will not work. He has tried rebooting it twice and changed his password ***** it keeps going back to the not recognized page. His name is ***** ***** his cell number is(###) ###-#### Can you help him. He can receive calls but can not use his phone

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

He has changed it a couple of times after doing his up grade os.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

He has no way to use his iPhone. Only his land line

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Only to contact Scott at his cell number I just gave

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
His email is***@******.***.
Can you help him?
I’ve contacted Verizon to try to help him as well.
12/18/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

When you say his phone will not work but he can receive calls, do you mean the phone is locked or disabled and is it asking for a "passcode" or an apple id and password?

He up dated the OS. After it was done he was asked for his user name and password. These were not recognized so he generated a new password ***** couple of times. He also has rebooted his iPhone a couple of times. He is very frustrated and I am not with him to help. He is stuck in a loop from the sound of it.
No more charges to my account please

Please ignore any offers for remote assist as those are automated and not sent by me personally.

First see if you can log into the following site with his apple id and password ***** let me know the answer:

https://appleid.apple.com/

I don’t know his new password, his ID is his email address

OK then in that case you need to do this even if you have done it before. But after you are done. Don't try and sign into the iphone but instead try to sign into https://appleid.apple.com/ first and let me know.

TO try and reset his password ***** will need to go to the following link and verify some information: please go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide you with an option to reset your password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc.