Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I for got my pass word a nd I keep trying to get in now I'm…

Customer Question
I for got my...

I for got my pass word a nd I keep trying to get in now I'm locked out I just got it as a gift I had my old one for 8 years so it's new to me is there any way to unlock it

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I just got it as a gift so it's my first time

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No I haven't so I just go to Apple,s online and find how to reset it?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No I guess that's it thanks a lot

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
12/18/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 5 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

It sounds like you may be refering to an apple device such as an ipad or iphone that is currently asking for am apple id and password, is that correct? What is the apple id that it is asking for does it show this? Do you already have an apple id account created?

No I don't have a account it's a ipod touch it says ipod is disabled connect to I tunes I try to entering my pass word I just made and for got it then keep trying to enter it and it would lock me out for longer periods of time there nothing else on it now but a emergency that go's to a phone I think

If this is a new ipod and you are able to restore it without worrying about loosing any data on then you can try the following and connect it to your computer running itunes and the ipod in recovery mode:

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step
  4. Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. See attached pic as this is what your screen should look like if not already there like you mentioned.
  5. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose restore. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS. It may take a while just keep an eye on it as you may need to download the file and open it. Just follow the instructions on the screen and you should be fine. If not let me know

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Jon
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast