Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I can't get past a sign that wants an apple id and password?

Customer Question
I can't get past...

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

New streaming device installed to my TV

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

Just installed I'm lost

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
12/18/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

First, do you have an apple ID account already created?

If not, and if you have any other device like a computer or mobile phone, I would try and create an account first @ https://appleid.apple.com/en_US/account and then try and use it on the apple tv.

If you already have an apple id account and feel that you have forgotten your Apple ID password, please go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide you with an option to reset your password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc.

Then after you know your apple id and password ***** can then try and sign into your apple tv. If it still does not work but you know your apple id account is good, let me know.

Just made new account now it wants iTunes acct. How do I get that?

Apple id account also = an iTunes account. Same account is used for both.

When I use my new acct info it says must set up iTunes acct.

If that is the case you can go on your computer if you have one and do the following:

1. Open iTunes.
  2. If you’re not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID. Use the same Apple ID for every computer or device on your Home Sharing network.
  3. From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose File > Home Sharing > Turn on Home Sharing.

or on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > Music. Or go to Settings > Videos.
  2. Scroll down to the heading called Home Sharing.
  3. If you see, "Sign in," tap it. Then enter your Apple ID and password. Use the same Apple ID for every computer or device on your Home Sharing network.

Now you can use Home Sharing on your iOS device.

When you made a new account like you said earlier, on what device did you create that on?

My surface pro. I just found home sharing on the Apple tv and turned it on

ok you dont have to use home sharing unless you are planning on playing some things from your local itunes library. You can always use "airplay" on all your apple devices and computers which then wireless will show up on your apple tv

I'm so confused I'm going to take this thing back. I don't have anything apple.

What were you planning on doing with the apple tv. If you are not going to airplay from apple devices. You can still use apple tv for Netflix and other apps. all other non apple devices can also use bluetooth to stream music. But it is up to you just wanted you to know that.

All I wanted to do was access my netfixs, hulu and Amazon acct. I can't get to anything.

Well, its an apple product and of course its going to want you to have all apple accounts setup. However, you technically do not need to if your using it just for netflix, hulu, and amazon like you mentioned. However, you can try and skip all the setup of apple accounts if there is an option to skip in the screen that you are on as I am not sure of the exact screen you are on. Then you just have to make sure the apple tv is connected to your home wifi network.

for example you mentioned you clicked on home sharing but didn't need to.

Ok there lies the problem I can't get past a screen saver it already installed so I can start over.

You can just unplug the power cable from the apple tv, wait 30 seconds, and then plug back in

Omg thank you
Be back in 20 minutes just have an etrand

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

Jon
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast