Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an iphone7 that has been deactivated and I want to…

Customer Question
I have an iphone7...

I have an iphone7 that has been deactivated and I want to erase the phone before i turn it in but I continue to get a message saying Verification failed--there was an error connecting to the apple id server. It will not let me shut off find my phone

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I do not remember

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I did not know there was such a thing

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/17/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Cris, Mac Specialist replied 6 months ago
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

thank you

You can reset the iPhone through iTunes on your PC. I will provide instructions.

I can't shut off find phone there is a problem with the apple server and the phone is no longer activated
well I guess this is not going to work either unless I spend more money

Download iTunes from iTunes.com if you do not have it installed on your PC.

After installing open iTunes then connect your iPhone to your PC with USB cable.

Once the iPhone is recognized by iTunes. Select the device and on the summary tab click on Restore to reset the phone.

If you would like assistance with install of iTunes and restore let me know I can offer remote support. Let me know how the solution works for you.

That does not work because you have to Turn Off Phone and I can't do that

Incorrect, the phone does not have to be off. It has to be turned on.

I understand that but I can't turn off find phone and it has to be turned off before iTunes will do anything

Please try the solution. Like I said that phone does not have to be turned off to do so.

it tells me verification failed

iTunes tell you that.

??

my phone tells me that when I type in my password ***** apple so it will let me turn off find my phone

Is your iPhone connected to WiFi?