Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I think I was scammed by a business who said they were apple…

Customer Question
I think I was...

I think I was scammed by a business who said they were apple support. My computer was locked and their number came up as the apple support to call to unlock it and see what viruses the computer was affected with

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Probably a couple of months ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No my computer is working after they were on it. all apps were sleeping

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I am having trouble with my Apple password. It works and then the next time it won't

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/17/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

Do you know this is JustAnswer and not Apple Support. I am a former Apple Employee and I was a Genius so I can help you, but let me know before we continue.

I did not know this was not Apple Support. I would not have sought out JustAnswer. I would greatly appreciate if you would refund the cost of this. As you know, you did not give me any information that would be useful to me. I'm sorry for the confusion. I am not young and technology is not my friend.