Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Trying to set up a new refurbished I pad and it wants a

Customer Question
Hello trying to set...

Hello trying to set up a new refurbished I pad and it wants a verification code. What and where do I get this?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

I think it just updated to 8

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

I did the update and now I am trying to get in

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

How to transfer all data from one iPad to another

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/17/2017
Mac Support Specialist: David, Mac Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
David, Mac Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will post a reply ASAP.

When you have 2-Step authentication enabled you get a verification code on another device.

So your iPad is asking for a verification code, and you get that code on another iPad or iPhone that uses the same Apple ID.

You should see it appear on the screen of the other device.

If not then you can try turning off 2-Step authentication in Apple ID settings.

Let me know if you can get the code on another device and if you have any questions.