Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Ai just recently upgraded my storage but the 50g went to my…

Customer Question
Ai just recently upgraded...

Ai just recently upgraded my storage but the 50g went to my iCloud. I don't know how to ad it to my regular sr

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Regular storage so I can download some movies.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

I just updated it yesterday. I know nothing about iCloud. I just want to put that 50g into my regular storage

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/17/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Cris, Mac Specialist replied 8 months ago
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Please ignore request for remote or phone support they are automated through the website.

Oh ok, just want to take the 50g out of iCloud and ad it to my regular storage so I can download a few movies

Apple offers different sizes of iCloud storage which links to your account. It allows you store to photos, videos, documents, apps, and more — and keeps them updated across all your devices. So you always have access to what you want, wherever you want it.

By purchasing iCloud that does not expand the size of the internal storage on your device. To create space upload your items such as videos and photos taken on your iPhone to iCloud then you can delete them from the device to create the space needed. Also remove any apps you no longer use.

The only way to expand internal device is to purchase an iPhone with higher storage space.

please take out the 50g from iCloud and put it in my regular storage. Thank you
Are you able to do that?
Are you fixing it for me?

Did you get my response?

You can't expand internal storage. That is not possible.

Where is the securely connect button? I don't see it

You will need to remove items from iPhone to create the space you need.

Like I mentioned before. Please ignore request for phone call and remote support.

I am unable to remote into your iPhone.

It's for my iPad
Why my phone? I need the room on my iPad

I thought you were referring to your iPhone. The same applies for your iPad. You will need to remove items to create the space.

You can upload your photos and videos on your iPad to iCloud. Then remove them to create the space needed.

I don't have any pics on my iPad

Then you will need to remove apps you don't use. You "can't" expand internal space on "ANY" iPad. That is not possible, if you want more internal space. You will need to purchase a new iPad that has more space.

Or videos. I have 3 movies how would I upload them to my icloud and then how do I get them back to watch

Are they movies you have purchased through iTunes?

Then can you please cancel that purchase. I have no use for it then and I don't want to be charged every month

I purchased them through itunes

OK, great. If you like I can remote into your PC and help you organize the movies onto your iPad through iTunes.

I don't have a computer just iPad and iPhone

OK, you can then delete the video and always re-download any movies purchases through iTunes back to your iPad. As they remain in your account and don't require for you to purchase them.

Let me know if you have any further questions. Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top.

Oh, so they will remain in my iTunes?

Yes, that is correct.

I'm afraid to delete the
Sorry, meant delete them

Understood, but like I said they all remain in your account and don't have to be purchased.

please go ahead and cancel my upgrade. I won't need it. Thank you

Sure, will do.

Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top so I am credited for assisting you.