Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just purchased a new MacBook at Best Buy and I'm trying to…

Customer Question
I just purchased a...

I just purchased a new MacBook at Best Buy and I'm trying to install trend micro antivirus, which I purchased with my HP computer last year. I went to the Trend website and tried to download the program. I got as far as downloading the installer but then got a message it encountered an HTTP program it did not understand. Any suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Trend Micro Antivirus?

I do not have it on this MacBook. Trend was purchased and installed by Best Buy on my HP computer last year. It can be added to up to 2 additional computers. I have the serial number but can't get that far in the installation process.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know enough to know what I don't know. know what I mean???

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
12/17/2017
Mac Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. The problem that you are encountering is likely that you have downloaded the windows version of the TrendMicro program. You will need to download the version for MAC computers. You may have to actually purchase the MAC version. The package that you have purchased allows you to install Tren Micro on 3 PC's. The license that you have does not cover MAC computers. You can purchase TRENDMICRO for MAC from this link:

https://www.trendmicro.com/en_us/forHome/products.html#t3

Please give this a try and let me know if this resolves the issue. Please let me know if you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions. I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.