Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Ive forgotten my passcode and havent been able to even begin…

Customer Question
Hi. Ive forgotten my...

Hi. Ive forgotten my passcode and havent been able to even begin using it.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Ive only done it once

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No....i should do that. where do i go?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No but thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/17/2017
Mac Support Specialist: David, Mac Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
David, Mac Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will post a reply ASAP.

When this happens you will need to use Recovery Mode to erase the device. I can help you through that.

First you put the device in Recovery Mode, and then connect it to your computer and open iTunes.

There is more information in this article, but please let me know what questions you have:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306