Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I can not get my MacBook pro or iPhone to print. Wirelessly.

Customer Question
I can not get...

I can not get my MacBook pro or iPhone to print.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I have no idea. My son-in-law tried and did not have a success. He rebooted things but as far as updating the printer i don't know.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know where to begin asking questions. Very confused at this point.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
12/16/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 8 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

What is the model of the printer you are trying to print to?

HP photo smart 5520

Is the printer connected to the network? Can you connect to it with the IP address?

I have the IP address but how do I check to see if it's connected to it? Go to settings and then where?

In a browser type in that IP address on any device and it should go there like a website.