Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Tried to update my Mac to Sierra it said can’t install now…

Customer Question
Tried to update my Mac...
Tried to update my Mac to Sierra it said can’t install now the computer won’t reboot . Said to hold the D key ?? Anything else I can do to reboot
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/16/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

Hold down the power button until the computer shutsdown fully. Then hit the power button and hold the COMMAND and the R button at the same time. Select the correct network and connect to it. Let me know once you are there.

I have got on screen Mac OS Utilities with options not sure which one to use

Do a reinstall.

Thank you
Pressed reinstall screen is now back to Mac OS High Sierra ?? Can you do remotely
This issue not resolved ??? The computer still trying to install Sierra so advise not resolving the problem just back to where I started ???
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 7 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Do you still need assistance?

Do you still need assistance?