Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I let my son use my iphone 7s for a couple of days now my…

Customer Question
Hi I let my...

Hi I let my son use my iphone 7s for a couple of days now my messenger and facebook are under his name and his name and I am following the directions on how to change it back to my name but it isn't working

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I just updated the phone to the newest OS

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I cannot connect to Facebook under my profile the wrong profile is being choosen by facebook instead of my current one i cant log my son out of messenger and put it back into my name

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/16/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 7 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Open Facebook

Click on the 3 lines in the bottom right then scroll down and LOG OUT

Now you should be able to sign into your account in the Facebook app.

Let me know if that works

I cant open facebook
right now I have my profile picture and 3 ...
do I choose turn off logged out notifications
I dont want to choose the other remove account for device option
I want to use the profile that is showing on the screen (only a profile picture is showing)

Tap on your profile picture if you want to use that one

Or you can remove the other one (that doesn't delete his account)

I have already paid for assistance
One year
And I am being told to pay more money now

Open Facebook app

Let me know if that works

Asking for password
I had made one
Then entered a code sent to me
But new password *****’t work no matter how many times I try

Did you enter the code in and change the password? The code is not the new password.

I have done everything Facebook has said
I have tried chapter password ***** couple of times because I keep getting the message that my password ***** *****
One time I got an email stating I had succcessfully changed the password ***** it was for a Facebook account that was supposed to be deleted!

So, the issue isn't that you can't log out but it is that you cannot change the password?