Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My Mac Book was stolen in a burgulary of my home. What do I…

Customer Question
Second opinion] My Mac...

Second opinion] My Mac Book was stolen in a burgulary of my home. What do I need to do to protect the information in my computer

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook and what operating system are you running?

Three months

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Not sure

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None that I can remember

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I am concerned with the persoanl information that is on the computer. I assume I need to contact my banks, credit cards etc but what does apple recommend,? Do we turn off the computer so it worthless? Do we leave it open and track usage?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/16/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 8 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If your set it up to be a part of Find My Device in iCloud you can lock it from iclwoud.com

If you have not then there is nothing you can do from here.

If you have any follow-up questions, don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service.