Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Did an update last night on iPad. This morning it said to…

Customer Question
Did an update last...

Did an update last night on iPad. This morning it said to reset my passcode. Did so, now it can't identify the passcode. Ipad now locked up.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I have not changed my Apple ID in five years. When it asked for a new passcode this morning I thought it wanted my Apple ID. I have tried my Apple ID and it doesn't work either. I have all security questions, etc. if you need it.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

What's that? I'm 61 years old and not very tech savvy.

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Go ahead.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/16/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

Did you try the pass code you reset it to?

Well, you folks took so long to reply, I stopped by the mobile phone store where I bought the iPad originally. It took 5 minutes and they recovered the pass code without erasing anything. How I don't know. They may have some good hackers in the back. I would like a refund as soon as possible from your service. How do I go about getting that.

You bet!