Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My G Drvie mobile USBwill no longer back umps MacBook Pro, I…

Customer Question
My G Drvie...

My G Drvie mobile USBwill no longer back umps MacBook Pro, I reformatted it and attempted a new complete back up but it failed. Is there a simple test for my G Drive or do I need to replace it?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook Pro?

OS 10.11.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Pro? What have you tried so far?

The G -drive failed several months ago. I reformatted it about one month ago and was unable to complete a full back up several weeks ago. I want to to do a clean reinstall of my Mac software and need a reliable back up first,.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

My name is*****

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
When I attempt "back up now" using Time Machine I get the message "back up disc not available"and under details "back up disc could not be found". However, I am able to enter Time Machine where there appears to be a back up in place which I can access.
11.45 am - I have to leave my computer. Please text me at(###) ###-####to take this further when I may be able to to return.
12/16/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 7 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You said it failed several months ago. How ?

Go to Disk Utility, and select your drive's main partition (the brand name). Click on Partition, set 2 Partition and apply. Does it allow you to partition ?