Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Safari has disappeared from my iPad desktop all of a sudden.

Customer Question
Safari has disappeared from...

Safari has disappeared from my iPad desktop all of a sudden. How do I get it back? I had many bookmarks saved.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

Not sure. My iPad is about 6-7 yr's old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

It just happened this morning when I went to search for a bookmarked recipe. No desktop icon.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
12/16/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 8 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

It is possible that you've accidentally deleted that application. Let's check if it is there or not. Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Home Screen Layout. If the Safari app is there somewhere, then this will bring it to its default place.

If it didn't bring it back, that means you've deleted it somehow. You can redownload it. To redownload, open App Store. In App Store, just search "Safari" or "Apple Safari" (without quotes) and this will bring that app. Tap the cloud button button next to it and it will be downloaded. Then you can open it and it will load your emails. If not, then add your email account back.

Another way to download is, open App Store, tap search and search Apple

This will load all Apple apps. Look for Safarl app and download it.

Please let me know if that didn't work, we can continue troubleshooting.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.